The American Museum of Natural History and COSI have paired up to bring you their Dinosaur Gallery. Come out to this permanent exhibit to learn all out the biology and evolution of the dinosaurs. Check out these 5 fun facts about COSI’s newest exhibit.
1. You will be greeted at the entrance by a full-size cast skeleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
2. Scientists have studied biomechanics to bring guests of this gallery a 6-foot long mechanical skeleton, illustrating the gait and speed of a rampaging T-Rex.
3. Visitors can take a look 130 million years back in time, with a 700 square foot diorama display, depicting the Liaoning Forest. This area is known to be one of the most important fossil-bearing areas in the world.
4. In the extinction section, visitors will earn about the theories for the events that ended the Age of Dinosaurs. Computer simulations present visit re-creations of various extinction theories.
5. Did you know that birds like chickens and turkey’s are strongly genetically related to Dinosaurs? Find out what connects the pre-historic creatures to modern day birds.
Want more information about this groundbreaking gallery? Click here to learn more!