As you may have guessed, the March is our favorite month here in Dublin, Ohio! Our city is home to one of the best St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in the country, and we strive to cultivate Irish attitude year-round. In fact, Dublin Convention & Visitors Bureau recently partnered with the City of Dublin and local businesses to offer a calendar of unique Irish experiences, and many of them are being held this week! Here’s a quick run-down:
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Historic Dublin (11 a.m.)
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Brazenhead (12 p.m. – 12 a.m.)
- Irish Manor House Dinner Demo & Irish Pub Experience at Whole Foods Market Columbus-Dublin (1 p.m. / 5 p.m.)
- See how to prepare an Irish dinner that is inspired by products of the Irish countryside and the heritage of the Manor Houses.
- Sample Irish food, drinks and music at The Local.
- Ireland’s High Crosses & Irish Tea at Tehku Tea (2:30 p.m.)
- Learn about some of Ireland’s most famous crosses like Clonmacnoise’s Cross of the Scriptures and Monasterboice’s Muirdach’s Cross. Hear some stories about how these crosses might have affected the lives of people in Ireland’s age of saints and scholars. Materials will be provided for those who would like to create stories of their own on paper crosses. *$5 registration covers take-home gift.
- Mezzo with an Irish Attitude (5 – 7 p.m.)
- Enjoy a special adult prix-fixe menu ($20) that includes several Irish-inspired items (Ham and potato soup, Shamrock Salmon with Dublin Sauce, Bailey’s Irish Cream cheesecake, ect.), a children’s buffet, drink specials, musical entertainment and more! *10% of all food/beverage revenue generated from this event will go the Dublin City Schools Dodgeball Tournament to Benefit Dublin Special Olympics
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Brazenhead
For more activities, visit http://www.IrishApproved.com or call the Dublin Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800/245-8387.
~ Post by Dawn