In the interest of helping Dublin, Ohio visitors learn more about popular local family friendly eateries (and good deals), we periodically feature guest posts by Dawn Scheurle, creator of the popular site: www.kidseatout.com. This is part two of a post on great local patio dining.
- Max & Erma’s (Frantz Rd. location) ~ This patio is tucked behind the restaurant and is surrounded by a split-rail fence separating it from the pond. The kids will be entertained watching the geese and little birds that come to snatch any food that happens to fall on the ground.
- La Chatelaine ~ This great street-side patio with it’s flower boxes along the wrought iron fencing is a perfect compliment to this French inspired cafe, bistro, bakery. Bonus: great location for people-watching in Historic Dublin.
- Brazenhead ~ Great casual bar/restaurant patio in Historic Dublin alongside North High St. (Dublin Rd.). It always seems to be buzzing with a lively bunch of patrons. Bonus: Wednesday night is $3 burger night! (Get there early. It fills up quickly!)
- Bravo ~ Another favorite. It’s on the parking lot but raised up with pretty landscaping and trees to separate it so you don’t really notice. It is on the west side of the building so you get the afternoon sun which can be good or bad depending on the temperature!
- Las Margaritas ~ We love to eat our chips and salsa outside! (Not to mention sip our margaritas!) The stone half-wall separates this patio from most street noise so you can sit back and enjoy.
- Buffalo Wild Wings ~ Nice large patio with trees for shade rather than umbrellas. The casual atmosphere makes this a great place to take the kids too!
- Cheeseburger in Paradise (Hilliard) ~ We like this patio because it makes us feel like we are on vacation! It is connected to the restaurant which has open walls, music, palm trees and a Jimmy Buffet casual island feel. The kiddos enjoy it as much as the grown-ups!
- Sunny Street Cafe (Hospital Drive location) ~ New! They have just added a little patio out front of the restaurant on the walkway. It’s on the parking lot so you do get traffic going by but it’s kind of a fun place to sit and enjoy your coffee and breakfast!
- Hoggy’s (Sawmill Rd) ~ Covered patio along the sidewalk of the strip mall. A nice place to enjoy your BBQ al fresco!
- Joe’s Original and American Pub ~ Right around the corner from Hoggy’s but on the sunny west side of the building. Nothing fancy, but who needs fancy all the time? :)
- Joe’s Crab Shack ~ You are in the middle of a strip mall parking lot but it doesn’t really feel that way. They have a playground for the kids to keep them busy while you wait for your food! Very casual and relaxed.
There are a few places that offer outside seating for you once you have picked up your food. These include: Potbelly Sandwich Works, Noodles & Company, Bruegger’s Bagels, Panera, Einstein’s Bagels, Chipotle (Sawmill Rd) and Tuula’s European Cafe.
If there’s a great patio out there that I missed, please share! There’s a whole lot of patio season left to go!
-Post by Dawn Scheurle