Last week, I had the pleasure of dining at Mezzo Ristorante & Bar for the first time since moving to Dublin in June. Besides leaving me craving for more, the experience also helped me with an idea for this blog. Once a month, we’ll feature a post highlighting a Dublin-area restaurant for a series called: “Delicious Dublin”, and what better place to begin with than the one that sparked the idea?
Situated in the heart of Historic Dublin (12 W. Bridge Street), Mezzo boasts some of the best patios in town and a gorgeous interior. The restaurant offers guests an array of delectable modern Italian dishes and an extensive wine and cocktail list. Some items we suggest:
- Arancini – Parmesan risotto balls stuffed with mozzarella atop alfredo sauce and accompanied with pomodoro
- House Salad – Arugula, mixed greens, creamy poppy seed vinaigrette, dried cherries, goat cheese, crispy shallots
- Pan-roasted Salmon – With eggplant caponata and basil pesto orzo
- Wild Mushroom Ravioli – Sauteed spinach, roasted mushrooms, and gorgonzola cream sauce
- Chicken Marsala – Buttermilk mashed potatoes, sautéed vegetables, mushrooms, Marsala sauce
- Mascarpone Cheesecake
- Flourless Chocolate and Almond Torte
- Roasted Apple and Cranberry Bread Pudding
There is something going on every night at Mezzo! A weekly happy hour runs Monday – Friday 4-6:30 p.m. and includes specials on Mezzo’s signature starters and drinks. Diners can enjoy a three-course meal for $20.12 Tuesday – Sunday, and live music on Wednesday (Phil Dirt and the Dozers) and Thursdays (solo artist Alan Reed).
Mezzo is open Tuesday – Thursday 4-10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 4-11 p.m. and Sunday and Monday 4- 9 p.m.
~ Post by Dawn