*This is the second post in our monthly Delicious Dublin blog series.
It has become clear to me that as soon as the calendar hits the first day of fall, pumpkin fever begins. From coffee to bread, pie to pasta, restaurants everywhere use this fall fruit in a variety of ways on their menus.
Sunny Street Café will “officially” (Facebook fans and Twitter followers know that the items are already available as of today) debut its own line of seasonal selections on Monday. The restaurant will offer Pumpkin Pancakes and Waffles topped with Tres Leche cream sauce and cinnamon walnut butter and Pumpkin Muffins with cream cheese frosting.
Located in the Kroger Shopping Center (7042 Hospital Drive), Sunny Street Café is open 7 days a week from 6:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Owners Asch and Kate Mikhail are very welcoming to each of their guests, and at least one of them can be found at the restaurant every day of the week!
Start your day with a Sunny Street breakfast! Here are some of our favorites:
- Sunny Street’s Famous Hearty Breakfast – This is the best value on the menu! It includes two eggs any style served with a side of bacon, ham or sausage and choice of hash browns, grits or fresh fruit PLUS buttermilk pancakes!
- Dinosaur Shaped Pancakes for the Kids – Choices are plain, blueberry, Oreo or chocolate chip. All kids meals are $3.99 and include a drink!
- NEW Vegetarian Breakfast Quesadilla - Scrambled eggs, black bean and corn salsa, tomatoes, red onions and jack cheese stuffed in a flour tortilla and grilled to a golden crisp.
- One-of-a-Kind French Toast Crunch - Texas toast coated in a delicious blend of fresh granola, coconut and brown sugar then cooked to a delightful crunch
- Stuffed Biscuits and Gravy – Fresh biscuits loaded with sausage, green peppers, onions and cheese and then smothered in Sunny Street’s house-made sausage gravy.
- Homemade Corned Beef Hash – Chunks of corned beef, potatoes, onions and seasoning make ours famous! Served with two eggs any style and toast (Eric Clapton ordered this when he visited last month!)
And don’t forget to try Sunny Street’s All Natural Fruit Smoothies - Strawberry Banana, Blueberry, Jungle Crush, and Buckeye (boosts of Whey Protein, Ginseng, Multi-Vitamin, and Glucosamine can be added)– or a cup of Sunroast Premium Roast Coffee (made with 100% Arabica beans)! It’s the perfect accompaniment!
For lunch, try one (or several) of these dishes:
- Black Angus Burgers (served on a grilled pretzel bun) – Choose from the Bistro Burger (several cheese choices), Bacon Cheddar Burger, Lost Highway Burger (topped with an over-medium egg) or Western Burger (complete with Vidalia onion ring).
- NEW Grilled Veggie Flatbread -Sautéed spinach, roasted red peppers, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and black olives with feta cheese and a touch of balsamic vinaigrette served on a grilled flatbread
- NEW Too Cool Turkey - Thinly sliced turkey breast with cream cheese, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh spinach served on a chewy Telera roll.
- Harvest Spinach Salad - Baby spinach with chopped walnuts, red onion, bacon bits, feta cheese and seasonal fruit
- Buffalo Chicken Salad – This popular salad comes with crispy fried or char-grilled chicken tenders coated in Frank’s Hot Sauce atop a bed of tossed greens, sliced tomato, crispy tortilla strips, red onions, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
As a community-oriented business, Sunny Street Café often hosts fundraisers. On Friday, October 5, from 4:30-7:30 p.m. there will be an All-You-Can-Eat Pancake dinner with topping bar (M&M, sprinkles, flavored syrups, marshmallows, etc)! Food and services are being donated, and 100% of the proceeds will benefit a woman in need that has been fighting breast cancer.
Interested parties can also reserve the restaurant for special events (birthday parties, wedding anniversaries, graduation celebrations, tour groups, ect.). Sunny Street Café also caters boxed breakfast and lunches, and party platters of sandwiches and wraps, fresh fruit, signature salads, baked goods, hot coffee and bottled drinks to homes and offices.
~ Post by Dawn