July is the SWEETEST month of the year, and there’s a proclamation (#5219 to be exact) to prove it! In 1984, President Ronald Reagan declared July as “National Ice Cream Month” and July 15th as “National Ice Cream Day”. He described ice cream as having “a reputation as the perfect dessert and snack food” that is enjoyed by 90% of Americans, and though the years may have passed, our love for ice cream has not! So, in honor of this tasty time, we at the Dublin CVB thought it would be appropriate to share our favorite flavors, and where you can find them!
- Scott – Buckeye Blitz from Graeter’s / Salty Caramel from Jeni’s
- Josh – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from anywhere (he’s not picky!)
- Mary – Reisling Soaked Poached Pear from Jeni’s/ Strawberry Sorbet from Graeter's/ Key lime from Menchies (technically fro-yo but still yummy!)
- Katie – Strawberry Chocolate Chip from Graeter’s / Sweet Corn and Blackberry from Jeni’s (Katie describes this as “summer goodness on a cone”)
- Sam – Mint Chocolate Chip from Graeter’s
- Dawn (Me) – Chocolate Chocolate Chip from Graeter’s
Also, in honor of the holiday and their birthday, Graeter’s will be offering single-dip cones for $1.42 (a cent for every year they’ve been in business) on Sunday.
Craving more frozen fun? Be sure to check out these other delicious Dublin-area destinations and their sweets!
- Max and Erma’s – All You Can Eat Sundae Bar
- Salvi’s Bistro – Spumoni, Rockslide Brownie Sundae, Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mary Kelley’s – Pecan Ice Cream Balls, Hot Fudge Sundae, Brownie Sundae
- Kogen’s – Fried Ice Cream, Ice Cream Trio
- TehKu Tea Company – Matcha Ice Cream, Chai Ice Cream
- Menchie’s – Self-serve Frozen Yogurt
- Wendy’s – Original Frosty, Frosty Parfait, Frosty Shake, Frosty Float
- Bad Frog – Self-serve Frozen Yogurt
~ Post by Dawn