When was the last time you saw that crazy uncle of yours? Or your favorite aunt who lives a few states away? If your answer is “too long” then it’s time to start planning your next family reunion! Summer is a great time to hold a reunion, and now is the perfect time to start planning.
Dates & Locations
Dublin is known for its 56 beautiful, green parks, which make ideal locations for a reunion. Three of these parks offer shelter houses that are available to rent and are perfect for a family potluck, but they fill up quickly – typically a year in advance. That’s why it is important to start planning early.
Memorial Day weekend, Independence Day and Labor Day weekend are all popular times to hold a reunion, but in Dublin we have another popular weekend – Irish Festival weekend (this year it’s Aug. 3-5)! The 3-day festival offers great activities for family members of all ages. There are even discounted tickets for groups with over 25 attendees and free shuttles from most of our local hotels to the event.
VIP Experiences (Very Irish Person in Dublin Terms)
Even if your family is not Irish – you can still take part in one of Dublin’s Irish Experiences that are a wee bit o’ fun for everyone! Here are some examples:
- 4-Leaf-Clover Scavenger Hunt around Historic Dublin - you will leave with a few Irish goodies and a little more knowledge about Ireland and Ohio.
- Irish Dance 101 – Dublin is home to one of the most famous Irish Dance Studios in the country. Meet a few professional Irish Dancers (one was just named World Champion), learn about their costumes, hair, and even some dance moves – or sit back and watch if you forget to put on your dancing shoes!
- Columbus Zoo – Take a tour of the world through the #1 rated Zoo in America – the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium. Take a walk through Asia or stick to viewing the Grizzly Bears of North America. When your world tour is finished, go across the Zoo to Zoombezi Bay Water Park. Whether you prefer thrills of water slides or relaxation of a lazy river – there is something for everyone in your family!
- Dinner – you can’t leave without sampling some of the Dublin restaurants! Take part in a Sunny Irish Dinner at Sunny Street Café, sample the Irish Egg Rolls at the Dublin Village Tavern, or end the night with Shamrock Sundaes at Graeters.
- Art Lovers? – Go on a hunt of find the River Boxes located along the rivers in Dublin Parks. Or take part in our “Art in Public Places” tour throughout the city.
Use the CVB
CVBs are a great resource for planning any event – especially one with a tight budget. Our services are completely complimentary, and we are glad to help! From reserving your group a hotel room block, to setting up sample itineraries, to giving you discount coupons to local shops & restaurants, we can assist with it all!
Are you ready to start planning your next reunion? If so, contact Sam at the Dublin CVB to help you start planning; email@example.com. You know it’s been way too long since you’ve seen that crazy uncle of yours!
~ Post by Sam