Thanks to the temperature dropping and Hurricane Sandy sending some high wind our way, time is running out to see the leaves changing colors. For that reason, we’ve compiled a list below of some of our favorite Dublin-area parks to visit before winter weather hits in full-force.
1. Amberleigh Community Park (4715 Vista Ridge Drive) – Amberleigh, Dublin’s newest park, opened in June. Take a stroll along the paths for a refreshing view of the Scioto River or let the kids explore the park’s playground, which features play houses and even musical instruments. *Bonus: Because this park is so new—it’s never crowded and oh-so scenic!
2. Dublin Kiwanis Riverway Park (6245 Riverside Drive) – The Dublin Kiwanis Riverway Park is part of the Griggs Reservoir Nature Preserve, so expect to see some local flora and fauna during your visit. You can also try your hand at finding one of the Dublin Art Council’s riverboxes or cast a line at the park’s fishing hole.
3. Glacier Ridge Wetlands Area (9801 Hyland Croy Road, Plain City, OH) – Glacier Ridge is made up of 250 acres of wetland (which has recovered since this summer’s drought). Stroll along the boardwalk or climb up to the top of the 25-foot observation tower to view waterfowl and other animals that call the wetlands home.
4. Indian Run Falls Park (700 Shawan Falls) – Tucked behind the Dublin Public Library, the highlight of Indian Run is its waterfall. Step onto the observation deck for the best view. If you continue along the wooded path, you’ll find yourself at the historic Indian Run Cemetery, a Dublin landmark now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
5. Scioto Park (7409 Riverside Drive) – Scioto Park is known for the Dublin Arts Council’s Sundays at Scioto Summer Concert Series, but even after the music ends, there is plenty to see and do. Check out the work being done to the sledding hill, test your navigation skills looking for another riverbox or have a picnic by the Leatherlips monument.
Remember, it won’t be long until we’re thinking snow!
~ Post by Dawn & Katie