Now that the long awaited warm weather has graced us with its presence, it's time to get outside! Pack up the family and head to Dublin this weekend to see some art in public places, visit the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium or splash around at Zoombezi Bay on their opening weekend!
Zoombezi Bay has attractions for every member of the family. Fly down 17 state of the art water slides, bob in the wave pool or relax in the lazy river (Crocktail Creek is my personal favorite spot).
TIP: If your little one likes or loathes being splashed- there is a large barrel that dumps 500 gallons of water every few minutes in Barracuda Bay. Listen for the ships bell that dings when the barrel gets full to either prepare to get soaked or make a quick escape!
Many new additions have been made at Zoombezi to enhance the experience.
NEW THIS YEAR-
- Cabanas with overhead fans, refrigerators and safes have been placed throughout the park
- The new ZOOMPASS is a virtual ride reservation that holds your spot in line while you maximize fun!
- Zoombezi Bay will have several special offer days:
- Mondays: Students in the Sun- $10 discounts with student ID or grade card.
- Tuesdays: Season Pass Appreciation Days- discounts on food and beverage, gift shop items and ZOOMPASS.
- Wednesdays: Safety in the Sun- learning programs and discounts for the achievement of safety programs.
- Thursdays: Fun in the Sun- Live entertainment at various times throughout the day.
Opening Weekend Hours: May 18 & 19 from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Zoombezi Bay opens daily beginning May 23 at 10:30 a.m. Closing times vary each day.
Visit www.zoombezibay.com for more info.
If you're planning on going to the Zoo and Zoombezi Bay, check out the Family Getaway Package that includes discounted tickets to the #1 Zoo, Zoombezi Bay, the # 1 Science Center, COSI, and discounts at Dublin area attractions and restaurants!