The “wearin’ of the green” is fast approaching, and where better to spend the weekend than Dublin, Ohio? During our annual St. Patrick's Celebration (Saturday, March 14, 2009), everything is a little greener. And we do mean EVERYTHING. From the Lions Club Pancake Breakfast to the huge community parade, to the Irish entertainers and the Blarney Hop at the Shoppes at River Ridge. Aside from the fact that most of the family friendly activities are free, our hotels are offering some great getaways. So, if cabin fever (or the economy) is getting the best of you ... recharge with an economical weekend escape that will save you some GREEN. Here are some special deals:
- Hilton Garden Inn Dublin (Fri, March 13) 8 p.m. Irish Reception including Bailey’s coffee, hot chocolate, shamrock cookies and an Irish atmosphere. (Not to mention a Half-Off Happy Hour with appetizers and drinks.) Receive a complimentary Irish souvenir upon check in. Before heading out to the parade on Saturday, enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. $99/night. 500 Metro Pl. North. 800/600-1550 www.columbusdublin.gardeninn.com
- Envision yourself in Ireland with the Irish décor and music of the Chase Suite Dublin Hotel. Relax in a cozy suite and receive a warm Irish welcome and a Shamrock luggage tag. Enjoy a hot buffet breakfast with special Irish menu items. Add an Irish themed basket (with Baileys Irish Crème, crackers, cheese and chocolate) to your stay for an additional $25. 4130 Tuller Rd. 614/766-7762 www.chasehoteldublin.com
- The award-winning Embassy Suites Dublin offers a location in the heart of the parade route. Overnight in a large two-room suite and enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast and cocktails at the evening manager's reception. Special weekend getaway rate: $89.99 plus tax per night. (Based upon availability. Available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.) Call 614/790-9000 and mention code "WKN." www.embassysuitescolumbusdublin.com
- Both Dublin Extended Stay America locations offer great rates for the St. Patrick's Day weekend celebration. The Columbus/Dublin location (450 Metro Pl. North.) offers queen-size studios starting at $64.99, plus free access to Metro V Athletic Club. www.extendedstayhotels.com 614/760-0053. The Columbus/Tuttle hotel location (5530 Tuttle Crossing Blvd.) offers studio rooms starting at $79.99 with free coffee bar, fresh fruit and bagels in the morning. Book online: www.extendedstayhotels.com or by calling 614/760-0245.
- Save some green by taking advantage of the Marriott Bonus Bucks Promotion when you stay at the Marriott Columbus Northwest Hotel over St. Patrick's Day Weekend. Stay two nights and receive a $50 Bonus Buck Certificate, good toward a future two-night stay at all Marriott Hotels and Resorts located in the United States. The Bonus Buck promotion rate is $119.94. Book online: www.marriott.com 5605Blazer Pkwy.
-Post by Kay