Deep dish pizza, Navy Pier and over 1,200 meeting professionals.
No, that’s not quite my top 5, but that is how I spent part of last weekend when I attended Connect Marketplace in Chicago, Illinois.
Connect Marketplace is an interactive conference, trade show and gathering where meeting planners, suppliers and experts in many fields have the opportunity to share ideas and best practices, as well as develop valuable relationships.
It’s a reverse trade show format where each destination will schedule a series of appointments with qualified meeting planners.
So basically, it’s like speed dating.
- I have six minutes to make a meeting planner fall in love with me errr… Dublin, Ohio. Within these six minutes I find out if they plan any conferences that would fit well in the facilities we have here in this City.
- If there’s a connection (CONNECTion) we will continue to date each other and perhaps get married. In other words, the planner will sign a contract with one of our Dublin hotel properties and their group will get to enjoy everything Dublin offers.
- More meetings in Dublin means more revenue to our City.
Did you know?
For every $1 Ohio spends on tourism advertising 13 new tax dollars are generated. –Ohio Tourism Works
The Dublin CVB actively works to bring that new business to our City through an aggressive marketing plan. Connect Marketplace is just one of our strategies.
The REAL 5 best things about attending conferences like Connect Marketplace:
- You get to inform others about your organization. Where is Dublin, you ask? What is there to do in Dublin? Oh girlfriend, let me tell you!
- You meet so many new people! From planners to other CVB’s representing destinations across the nation.
- You learn new tips, resources and information that you can start implementing right away.
- You get to keep building relationships because guess what? The conference happens every year!
- You explore a new city and its bounty of food options (then you explore a new pant size- thanks deep dish pizza)