There is an Irish saying that goes, “You can give without loving, but you can’t love without giving.” So, in the interest of helping you gift from the heart this Valentine’s Day—we’ve scouted out some great deals and unique finds in Dublin, Ohio. Here’s the crème de la crème of our treasure hunt:
- Columbus Marriott Northwest Romance Package includes an overnight stay in this award-winning hotel, chocolate covered strawberries, Champagne and breakfast for two in the RiverCity Grille—all for $199. In addition, the hotel is offering an amazing Valentine’s Dinner for two for $65.
- Crowne Plaza Dublin Heart2Heart Romance Package. Includes an overnight stay in an executive room, a romantic candlelight dinner for two and a dessert at the Dublin Metro Grill, plus a complimentary bottle of the House Wine or Champagne and breakfast for two, all for $174.95. Call 614/764-2200 for more info.
- Embassy Suites Dublin Suite Romance Package offers the perfect opportunity to rekindle the flame. Package includes luxury accommodations in a two-room suite, a complimentary bottle of wine*, chocolate covered strawberries and cooked-to-order breakfast buffet starting at $114/per night.
- J Liu Restaurant & Bar in Historic Dublin will feature a special menu for Valentine’s Day weekend.
- MJs Candy Bar offers unique finds like the Earl Grey candy bar (my personal fav) and the “Firecracker”—a concoction of specialty dark chocolate made with chipotle, salt and popping candy … perfect if you are “Popping” the question!
- Our Cupcakery will bundle a “4 Pack for Lovers” of gourmet filled cupcakes in a pretty Valentine box wrapped with ribbon for $15. Woo your sweetie with flavors like Red Velvet, Raspberry Truffle, German Caramel or the decadent Triple Chocolate.
- Menchie's Frozen Yogurt is featuring a Rose flavored yogurt for Valentine’s Day and kids Valentine crafts at various times over the weekend. Call for details: 614/339-5656
- Pair one of Graeter's amazing French pot ice creams with their handcrafted chocolate covered marshmallow hearts for happy Valentine tummies of any age. (You can even send some Graeter’s love long distance through their website.)
- Visit Sisters Sweet Shoppe for hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered Peeps and heart-shaped frosted sugar cookies that can be personalized.
- Whole Foods creative gift solutions include 20 stems of Whole Trade™ Roses for $20; 3-4oz. cold water lobster tails for $5.99 each (available Friday 2/11 ONLY); White Chocolate Raspberry Desire Cake for two $12.99 and fully catered dinners for two starting at $30 (www.wholefoods.com/shop)
- Kogens (Asian Fare with Flair!) has prepped a great Valentine’s weekend menu that is simply inspired— all for just $25 per person. Call for details (or reservations): 614/792-8882.
Need more ideas? Visit the Dublin Convention & Visitors Bureau website for an extensive list of local restaurants, shopping and attractions!
-Post by Mary