You've heard that old expression: "When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." So, mark your calendars. Next Sunday (May 9) is Mother's Day, a day to honor that special person in your life. (The one who does so much for you.) You could get up early and bring her breakfast in bed, but if you are like I am (challenged in the kitchen)--the best thing you can do is make reservations. Take her out, throw in a gift, a spa package, flowers or just a card and it will melt her heart.
Since Mother’s Day is traditionally a very popular day to dine out, better make your reservations early. Many Dublin Ohio restaurants are offering special menus that are sure to be a hit with your Mom. (Note: Most of these restaurants require reservations. Seating is limited. All restaurants are located in Dublin, Ohio 43017 unless otherwise noted; 614 area code.)
- Crowne Plaza Columbus/Dublin (600 Metro Pl. N. 760-7939) 10:30 a.m. -2:30 p.m. Buffet featuring Chef’s carving station, omelet & crepe station, breakfast items, dinner entrées, children’s buffet and scrumptious dessert bar. ($24.95/adults; $18.95 seniors, 65+; Children 6-11 $14.95; Children under 6 – FREE)
- Columbus Marriott Northwest (5605 Blazer Pkwy. 791-1000) 11 a.m.-2 p.m. This ambitious Mother’s Day buffet includes an assortment of soups and salads, seafood, fresh fruits/berries/vegetables, a breakfast station, carved meats, six different entrees and a dessert station. ($29.95/adults; $22.95 seniors; $11.95 children, 6-12)
- Digger & Finch (6720 Riverside Dr. 889-8585) 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Appetizer buffet, pick your entrée (i.e. Rack of Lamb, Beef Wellington, Scallops with Lobster Risotto, Chicken Cacciatore and Honey Lime Mahi Mahi). Dessert buffet! ($24.95/adults. $12.50/children)
- Matt the Miller’s Tavern (6725 Avery-Muirfield 799-9100) 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Special buffet lunch for Mother’s Day includes carving station, omelet station, Eggs Benedict and flat bread assortment ... along with their usual great Sunday lunch buffet. ($18,95/adults, $8.95 children under 10)
- J.Liu Restaurant & Bar (50 W. Bridge St. 718-1818) 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Brunch buffet with Prime Rib, ham, omelets, shrimp cocktail, Asian and Italian options and house-made desserts. ($25/adults; $22/seniors; $13/children, ages 4-11) Reservations required.
- La Scala Italian Bistro (4199 W. Dublin Granville Rd. 889-9431) 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Buffet available from 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Featuring assorted garden salads, Chicken Picatta, homemade raviolli, Penne pasta ala Vodka sauce, homemade sausage & peppers, scrambed eggs with bacon, Texas French toast with strawberries, truffle smashed potatoes, fresh green beans, fresh fruit and assorted desserts. ($19.92/adults, $10.95 children under 10)
- Windchimes Chinese Restaurant (5742 Frantz Rd. 792-0990) Open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mothers can enjoy a free dessert after their dinner.
Dessert ideas ...
- Graeter’s Ice Cream (6255 Frantz Rd. 799-2663) Ohio' s favorite French pot ice cream will be available on Mother’s Day weekend for $ 1 off all pints.
-Post by Andrea