After being named American's #1 science center for families (Parent Magazine), COSI has enriched over 33 million guests from all 50 states and around the world to teach them through hands-on learning in downtown Columbus -- just a short drive from Dublin. Set in 320,000 square feet, the three floors offer fascinating hands-on exhibits, live shows, an extreme screen theater, outdoor courtyard, gift shop and the Atomic cafe.
Scientific amazement and adventures abound where you can launch a rocket in Space, create a wave in Ocean, lift a car in the Big Science Park, watch food decompose in Life, ride a highwire unicycle over the atrium, crack a code in Adventure, travel back in time in Progress or take apart a motor in Gadgets.
Young scientists have their own designated area in KidSpace where infants, toddlers and preschoolers can explore and parents have amenities like lounges and changing rooms.
COSI features a variety of films on the Giant Screen to give you an out of this world movie experience. Find your seat for the next showing! Did you know COSI can also host your private event? The prime riverfront setting of downtown Columbus, magnificent architecture and a mission to inspire makes COSI a venue with originality and value. Choose from world-class exhibit area, theaters or outdoor plazas. The largest space can hold 550 guests for a banquet.
Visit COSI's Dinosaurs from the American Museum of Natural History exhibit to enjoy interactive experiences and specimens from world-class collections.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
COSI is closed until further notice. When COSI re-opens the following guidelines will be in place.
- Reservations will be required for all guests, including COSI Members
- Face coverings will be required for guests 8 years of age and older.
The following exhibits will remain closed for the time being:
- National Geographic Giant Screen Theater
- Gadgets Live Show Stage
- Motion Simulator
- High-Wire Unicycle
- Submarine and Alvinsphere in the Ocean Exhibition Area
- Bernoulli Blowers and Wind Table in the Gadgets Exhibition Area
- Mercury Capsule in the Space Exhibition Area
- 3D Audio interactive in the Life Exhibition Area
- Wired Voice interactive in the WOSU Exhibition Area
- Telephones in the Progress Exhibition Area
- Selected hallway experiences such as Nano, Secrets of Circles, and Sun, Earth, Universe
For more information, click here.