We’re counting down the days until the front gates open, and the 29th Annual Dublin Irish Festival is underway. This three-day festival is home to a multitude of attractions for guests of all ages, but what makes them unique is their Irish flare. Irish music, dancing and food are great, but there’s much more packed into our favorite three days of the year. Don’t miss these five unique attractions that make for a Gaelic good time at the Dublin Irish Festival!
1. Wishing Tree- Don’t wish upon a star, make a wish upon the Dublin Irish Festival’s wishing tree! Take a piece of a paper, write your wish on it and tie it to any branch. Placing a wish on this magical tree’s branches help make it come true in the future. Learn More.
2. Celtic Canines- Who let the dogs out?! Stop by the Celtic Canine area to meet and greet Irish breeds of all descents. Throughout the weekend, chat with some of the Midwest’s top breeders on the breeds, grooming and learn from training demonstrations. Celtic Canine Information.
3. Festival Sand Sculpture- Each year a massive sculpture made out of sand is created on festival grounds to capture the attentions of attendees and pay homage to Irish culture. Throughout the weekend watch as the artist transforms a mound of sand into a beautiful creation on display. See previous Sand Carvings.
4. Irish Dance Lessons- Get jiggy with it and learn steps of the authentic River Dance or just clap along to the upbeat tunes as Dublin’s dance academies teach you a thing or two. No previous experience or rhythm needed to participate in this fun activity. Dancing Schedule.
6. Fairy Tea & Pirate Parties- This is a great time to bond with your kids as ladies meet Irish Fairies and fellows meet Pirates. Enjoy a Magical Tea Party or the finest (non-alcoholic) grog while listening to the enchanting stories of adventure, wonder and lore! Register Here.
- If you can’t make the Fairy Tea stop by Historic Dublin after the festival for the Irish Fairy Doors Trail of Dublin. Become a Fairy Finder while exploring local businesses to find all seven resident fairies. Turn your completed passport in for a FREE prize.
These five great attractions are unique to one place and one place only… The Dublin Irish Festival! Don’t miss your chance to partake in a weekend full of Irish Attitude. To purchase tickets to the Irish Festival, click HERE. Always tag your photos with #SoDublin to be featured on our website.